Reablement Support Officer – Bournemouth
Contract Type: full time
Salary: £25,927 to £30,095 per annum plus enhancements
Closing date 10.07.2022
This role will contribute to our vision of ‘improving lives, building independence’ by:
- Providing cost effective and efficient delivery of care to clients in the community, enabling individuals to remain in their own homes and live as independently as possible.
- Maintaining a safe working environment for both staff and clients, in line with the organisations policies and procedures.
This will be achieved by:
- Managing a designated team of Reablement Support Assistants, including recruitment; allocation of work; supervision, monitoring and appraisals with individuals; identification of training needs and a delegated level of disciplinary work.
- Ensuring that Reablement Support Assistants meet the requirements of outcomes-based support and goal plans for clients receiving a Reablement or long-term care service in their own homes.
- Supporting Reablement Support Assistants to work creatively, effectively and to high standards of quality.
- Providing readily available information or assistance, dealing with issues where the outcome may not be straightforward.
- Planning staff schedules which includes the covering of any immediate/un-planned absence.
- Undertaking first and monitoring visits with staff in client’s homes, to establish outcomes, undertake risk assessments and provide advice and guidance to the individuals, carers, families and other professionals.
- To ensure Reablement Support Assistants follow Tricuro policies and procedures, working in accordance with CQC Fundamental Standards, Valuing People, People First and the Care Act 2014.
- Liaising with commissioning staff as necessary in respect of agreed assessed goals and outcomes to be achieved by the client, progress against the agreed programme and its completion.
- Managing the provision of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Maintaining core computer systems to ensure case notes and any other documentation required for the role is up to date.
- Any other lesser or comparable duties as required relating to the specialised function of the team or teams.
- The post holder is required to have transport and a full driving license.
- Clients may on occasion be confused or emotionally disorientated and have the potential to become verbally or physically abusive.
- The post holder is required to work to a 5 out of 7 day rolling rota with flexibility to ensure that the service is covered. This includes covering for colleague’s annual leave, sickness absence and training.
You will receive a competitive salary, enhancements, starting annual leave entitlement of 33 days pro rata (including bank holidays), training, free DBS and uniform provided.
For an informal chat please contact Lisa or Karen on 01202 857320.