Mental Health Support Worker – Leven House
Contract Type: part time
Salary: £10.81 to £12.17 per hour plus enhancements
Closing date 29.05.2022
Leven House is a supported living service located close to Bournemouth town centre within walking distance of bus routes and the train station. It provides supported living accommodation for adults with severe and enduring mental health conditions.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting and promoting our clients’ independence and wellbeing.
- Supporting clients to gain necessary skills for independent living.
- The ability to communicate and record information in relation to support needs.
- Providing a high quality of service for clients with a severe and enduring mental health illness.
- Supporting and enabling clients to access community resources.
- The ability to work flexibly across the week including alternate weekends.
The successful candidate should have:
- Experience of working with and supporting people with mental health.
- An understanding and knowledge of the National Framework for Mental Health and current legislation, standards and codes of practice.
- The ability to communicate with people who have complex needs and behaviours.
- NVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care or equivalent.