Deputy Manager – Avon View
Contract Type: full time
Salary: £29,174 to £33,486 per annum
Closing date 21.08.2022
Avon View residential home offers accommodation to 81 clients, divided into smaller units all with a shared lounge and kitchen, and an en-suite in each room. The home is situated near the town centre of Christchurch. We work in a person-centred way providing support for people living with complex care needs.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the Registered Manager with the daily running of the care home.
- Be the nominated first aider and fire warden whilst on duty, and officer in charge in the absence of the registered manager.
- Writing and reviewing care plans.
- Conducting the supervision of staff and assessing staff competency for moving and handling, and medication.
- Assisting with the recruitment and induction of new staff.
- Completing audits to ensure compliance with CQC and legislation.
- Delegating tasks, overseeing duty managers, care assistants and housekeepers to ensure the safety and wellbeing of residents.
- Controlling the administration of medication ensuring accurate and reliable systems are in place.
- Learning clients’ requirements and preferences and providing a personalised service.
The successful candidate will have:
- The ability to lead a team, with excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to advise, encourage and motivate.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of relevant Care regulations and legislation including Health & Safety and Adult Safeguarding.
- Knowledge of writing and reviewing personalised care plans.
- NVQ/QCF Level 4/5 in Health and Social Care/Management or equivalent.
- Competent IT skills with the ability to write reports and maintain accurate records.
The core hours will cover Monday to Friday with flexibility to meet with service needs.
What Tricuro offers:
- Full time and flexible positions available
- Career progression
- Access to high quality CPD and qualifications
- Comprehensive high-quality induction and ongoing training
- Competitive rates of pay
- Contributory pension scheme
- Enhancements paid for night shifts, weekends and bank holidays
- Generous annual leave entitlement amounting to: A minimum entitlement of 30 days’ annual leave, rising to 33 days with continuous service (+bank holidays as extra)