Care Assistant – Ridgeway Plus
Contract Type: part time
Salary: £9.79 to £10.19 per hour
Closing date 29.05.2022
Ridgeway Plus is a specialist learning disability day service located approximately one mile from Weymouth town centre and the beach. It offers a variety of support for people with profound disabilities to support inclusion, mobility, health and social needs.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting our clients to access a range of activities within the centre as well as participate in outings to local places of interest and attractions.
- Helping clients to meet their personal aims and goals within their chosen activities.
- Providing a high level of personal care and support as required.
- Maintaining dignity, privacy and respect for our clients.
- Actively supporting our clients in a person-centred way and helping to promote their independence.
The successful candidate should have:
- A can-do attitude with flexibility to meet the needs of our clients.
- Good communication skills.
- The ability to develop and maintain good working relationships.
- Proven experience in a care environment with a calm and empathetic approach.
- A Care Certificate, NVQ Level 2 in Direct Care or willingness to achieve this.