Care and Community Services Officer – Avon View
Contract Type: full time, part time, relief
Salary: £10.39 to £11.03 per hour plus enhancements
Closing date 29.05.2022
Avon View is a residential home that offers accommodation to 81 clients, divided into smaller units all with a shared lounge and kitchen, and an en-suite in each room. The home is situated near the town centre of Christchurch. We work in a person-centred way providing support for people living with complex care needs.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting with the delivery of services to ensure the safety and wellbeing of residents.
- Being the nominated first aider and fire warden whilst on duty.
- Supervising and directing care assistants and housekeepers.
- Administering medication.
- Understanding clients’ requirements and preferences and providing a personalised service.
The successful candidate should have:
- Knowledge of relevant Community Care legislation.
- An understanding of Health & Safety.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- An NVQ Level 2 Care qualification or equivalent.
- The ability to work flexibly including days, evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
- Supervisory/team leading experience is desirable.