The UK Government has approved compulsory vaccinations for care home staff in England. From 11 November 2021 anyone working in a CQC registered care home will need to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, unless they are exempt.
The UK Government timescales mean that unless someone is exempt, the final opportunity they have to receive their first vaccination dose is 16 September 2021, in order to ensure they have time to receive their second dose and be fully vaccinated by 11 November 2021.
Tricuro has provided staff with information and encouraged staff to be vaccinated. Tricuro requires all staff to be fully (double) vaccinated by 11 November 2021, as staff may be required to move around services, and potentially work from registered services. A recent example of this requirement has been during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Information relating to the Government’s Covid-19 vaccination roll-out, regulations and timescales can be found via the links below:
- Please click here for the Government
- Please click here for NHS advice about Covid-19, including symptoms, testing, vaccination and self-isolation
- Please click here for the NHS & Government Q&A document regarding Covid-19 vaccines
- Please click here to access DHSC Webinar Recordings on various related topics
At Tricuro, our priority is keeping our residents, team and community safe during these challenging times. We also know it is important to keep relatives, family and friends, as well as the wider community up to date with the latest information about how we are managing this situation. We are monitoring public health advice and regularly reviewing policies and making changes within our services where necessary. See our latest announcements and useful links below.
- Letter to Residents and their Families regarding visiting – 16 July 2021.
- Large Print Letter to Residents and their Families regarding visiting – 16 July 2021
- Easy Read Letter to Residents and their Families regarding visiting – 16 July 2021
- Visiting Procedure for Care Homes, Supported Living and Extra Care Settings
Video Calling Your Loved Ones
All of our residential services now have the ability to facilitate Skype video calls. Please contact our services directly if you would like to arrange a video call. Please click here for guidance on how to download and install Skype on your personal device. The health and wellbeing of all our clients, respective families, carers and staff is of paramount concern and importance to us. We thank you for your understanding and support as we make difficult decisions to keep safe all who work for, live in and attend Tricuro services.
- Letter to Clients and their Families regarding Dorset Day Services – 7 May 2021.
- Easy Read Letter to Clients and their Families regarding Dorset Day Services
FAQs and Guidance
For FAQs relating to your health and wellbeing or general queries about the government position and latest news please visit these websites:
Public Health England – https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/coronavirus-covid-19-list-of-guidance
If you have any other enquiries relating to Tricuro’s response to the virus, which aren’t covered within these documents, please email us on email@example.com using the title ‘Corona Virus Query’ in the subject box and we will get back to you as soon as possible.