At Tricuro, our priority is keeping our residents, team and community safe during these challenging times. We also know it is important to keep relatives, family and friends, as well as the wider community up to date with the latest information about how we are managing this situation. We are monitoring public health advice and regularly reviewing policies and making changes within our services where necessary. See our latest announcements and useful links below.
- Letter to Residents and their Families regarding visiting – 16 July 2021.
- Large Print Letter to Residents and their Families regarding visiting – 16 July 2021
- Easy Read Letter to Residents and their Families regarding visiting – 16 July 2021
- Visiting Procedure for Care Homes, Supported Living and Extra Care Settings
Video Calling Your Loved Ones
All of our residential services now have the ability to facilitate Skype video calls. Please contact our services directly if you would like to arrange a video call. Please click here for guidance on how to download and install Skype on your personal device. The health and wellbeing of all our clients, respective families, carers and staff is of paramount concern and importance to us. We thank you for your understanding and support as we make difficult decisions to keep safe all who work for, live in and attend Tricuro services.
- Letter to Clients and their Families regarding Dorset Day Services – 7 May 2021.
- Easy Read Letter to Clients and their Families regarding Dorset Day Services
FAQs and Guidance
For FAQs relating to your health and wellbeing or general queries about the government position and latest news please visit these websites:
Public Health England – https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/coronavirus-covid-19-list-of-guidance
If you have any other enquiries relating to Tricuro’s response to the virus, which aren’t covered within these documents, please email us on email@example.com using the title ‘Corona Virus Query’ in the subject box and we will get back to you as soon as possible.